Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Made for Charlotte: Mary Janes (Cute alert!)

These aren't your Grandma's baby booties.  These are stinkin' adorable!

Just look at them!  Little mary janes with a girly pink accent.  If ever I thought I wouldn't overindulge my daughter with shoes for every outfit, I'm doomed.  It doesn't help that my mom is such an enabler.  She's the crafty chica who crocheted these and all the other booties you'll see in this post.  Our conversations go something like this:

My mom: Ooh, I just bought the most velvety soft black yarn!  It'll be perfect for the shoes I'm making to go with the Christmas dress I bought for Charlotte!  (remember, it's June)  How about I make a pair to fit her now so you can see what you think?

Me: Um, heck yeah!  And by the way I just mailed five skeins of yarn for you to make shoes for Charlotte's summer outfits, too.

The indulgent grandmother type - I love it!  Thanks, Mom.

As for the velvety soft black mary janes, they arrived in the mail yesterday.  LOVE.

These white mary janes are one of the first pairs my mom made.

You can buy the patterns HERE, though my mom has started tweaking the design a bit, especially the straps.  Disclaimer: the day my mom bought and downloaded these patterns she got a virus on her computer.  Mom mom's tech-savvy enough not to do any risky clicking.  She says this was the only thing she can think of that might have affected her PC.  However, this etsy seller has a high, 100% positive feedback rating.  So obviously if this is how my mom got the virus, it's far from the norm.  Just something to consider.

This is the same pattern as the white booties, but in lavender.

Side view.  These patterns curve in and around the heel to help keep Baby from kicking them off.

These use the same pattern as the white and lavender shoes, but in pink.  My mom also embellished the toe box with little crochet flowers.

You can see why we're getting carried away with this shoe business.  :)  I just sent yarn for shoes in ivory, gray, brown, and light denim colors, plus red and pink yarn for lots of flowers, two-tone soles, and other girly accents.  I don't know when my mom will get tired of making these.  Maybe she already is.  But I sure am glad she's indulging me.

6 comments:

  1. First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy you baby girl arrived - although I am a bit belated!! And those mary janes are the cutest ever. Your mom is awesome - love the black with just a touch of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh baby girls are such fun! My favorite pair are the blue and pink, they are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo adorable!! This is something I'll def try and make for my grandkids... I'll have time by then!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathise with you. Not only has my mother bought holiday dresses for the next year, but she also bought my 8 week old an easy bake oven this week. Thank goodness for grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE them. So cute. And go to this website to see the adorable trumpette socks. http://www.trumpette.com/socks/socks-girl/socks-girl-baby

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are unbearably cute!! Thanks for sharing, as I may have to try some out myself!

    ReplyDelete