Monday, June 20, 2011

Charlotte's Nursery

This is my happy place.  It's clean and uncluttered.  It's feminine.  It's calm.  My husband and I put hours upon hours of love, sweat, and probably a few tears into preparing this haven for our daughter.  Now with the arrival of our sweet Charlotte Rose, the nursery is complete.

Allow me to show you around...

As I mentioned here, Charlotte's room is a knock-off of the Scallop Pique Nursery from Pottery Barn Kids.  You can read the DIY info for the wall stencil HERE.  The photo above shows the view from the doorway looking right.  The photo below pans around.  I think you'll see how the photos connect to show the layout of the room.

Framing the window is a pair of lavender Audrey Chenille Dot Panels from Pottery Barn Kids.  The bookshelf and lamp are from Target.  I've since added scalloped basket liners to the white wicker baskets, another feminine touch to continue the scallop theme in the room.

The ever-necessary diapering area and rocking chair.  Seriously, how many times am I here each day?  A dozen?  Seems like it, at least.

The baskets on the dresser are both from Pottery Barn Kids, though I couldn't find either on the PBK website.  I bought them in the store.

Isn't that doll adorable?  My boys like to hold it by the feet and swing it at each other, caveman club style.

I had new white cushions made for my rocking chair.  The old cushions were ivory, so not a match for Miss Charlotte's lavender and white nursery.  Before you gasp about white upholstery in a child's room, be assured that the covers are removable and I chose washable fabric (that I bought on sale for $10 per yard - score!).

Going back to the opposite wall, here is a closer look at the wall art.  Click HERE for more details about how I made each piece.

Click HERE for more details about how I made the crib bedding.

Still love the scalloped eyelet trim on the crib skirt.

For the finishing touch, we hung a crystal mini-chandelier.  As my six-year-old neighbor said, it looks like it was made for a princess.  My thought exactly.

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Great to see it in its entirety. Such perfect touches!
    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over here from One Pretty Thing and I love what you did! I loved that room from the PB catalog but my little girl is already 2. If I had to do it again, I'd buy white furniture for her and paint her room a lavender. I love it. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I love the walls and color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still amazed at how much work this took, but it is still my favorite room in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte's nursery is amazing! We'd love to feature it at Baby Lifestyles. Please email me if you're interested to discuss further.

    ReplyDelete