Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Super Teacher

Making gifts for men can be so tricky, can't it?  Brighton has a male teacher this year.  I never know what to give as teacher appreciation gifts, Christmas gifts, and such for men.  Food?

Fortunately Brighton's teacher is a big super hero fan.  Or at least that's I assume from the dozen superhero action figures dangling above his desk.  So for a superhero-lovin' teacher, we have the Super Teacher Shirt.  The teacher's last initial is B, hence the Super B.  I'm sure I'll aso be making a Super B shirt for Brighton...and maybe even Ben.

To make the Super B symbol, I first adhered the yellow knit fabric to the t-shirt using Wonder Under.  I added the red fabric on top, also with Wonder Under, then zig zag stitched around the edges.

I also made a Super B card to coordinate with the t-shirt.  I found a diamond shape in my Silhouette library, then welded a capital B to make the symbol.  Paper from Stampin' Up! (Real Red, Pacific Point, Yoyo Yellow).

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is the best teacher gift idea I've ever seen! Love the coordinating card, too!

    ReplyDelete