Monday, March 1, 2010

Proud Daughter


See that beauty? My dad made it. Yep, he's pretty awesome like that. :)


Even better, it's a puzzle! My stepmom (Meme to the boys) painted those beautiful animals.


The animals all come out of their cubby/layers and the ark can still be assembled, so the kids can enjoy playing with the animals separately too.

I think my dad did Noah proud, though I'm pretty sure my boys won't be trying out this ark in the bathtub.


In other crafty news, my stepmom has taken up cardmaking too! First she began machine embroidery (with a truly drool-worthy set-up) and is now branching out from working with fabric to working with paper.

I absolutely LOVE stitching on cardstock. Can you imagine how long it would take someone like me to replicate this by hand? It would never turn out as nicely, either. *sigh*


Meme's card fits the current Moxie Fab challenge: Fun with Floss, so my stepmom said I could enter her card for her. (Meaning that she get the credit, but since she doesn't have a blog, I'm posting for her. It gives me an excuse to brag a little too, and I kindof like that.)


Meme used a machine embroidery pattern that she purchased for the card. She told me which one, but of course I forgot. I'm trying to make sure I post her card before the challenge deadline, but I'll be back with an update on the pattern as soon as possible.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the Ark and the card!! Your dad and stepmom are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meme! Thanks for entering the Fun with Floss Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! It's great to see it here on this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the ark when we were over the other day and I meant to ask where you got it. That is awesome! What a work of art and a fun toy!

    ReplyDelete