Monday, January 18, 2010

Meet Letterpress

Dear blog buddies,

Meet Letterpress. Though Letterpress and I have only known each other for a few short days, I can tell we're going to be best friends. So cozy up and let's get on with the introductions!









Don't you love that clean and simple style - classy and timeless, I tell ya'! I tried and tried to get a good picture of the debossed image (the dent the paper), but my meager photography skills just wouldn't allow it.

Since this was my first time using the Letterpress system, my focus was on getting through the lingo in the instruction book (and I thought I knew papercrafting lingo - ha!), experimenting with how much ink to use, and seeing what colors the ink turn when they're dry. I ordered the inks based off color swatches viewed only on my computer monitor. It's never the same in real life. Check out their red and my red card above - quite a difference, eh?

I'm thrilled with how my first projects turned out. Now I just need to make time to play some more. :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. This home kit is relatively new and, though I'm a roll-up-my-sleeves-and-dig-in kind of girl, it would have been nice to have someone teach me the tips and tricks. As of now, there aren't many truly helpful videos on YouTube, so if I can help you in any way, I'll do my best. :) Take care and enjoy your day!

Supplies: All supplies from Lifestyle Crafts using white A2 flat paper.
Hello card: Everyday Printing Plate Set 5, yellow ink.
Happy Birthday card: Everyday Printing Plate Set 5, Starter Kit Printing Plate Set, bright green ink.
Blank notecard with blue decorative element: Starter Kit Printing Pate Set, navy ink.
Thank You card: Everyday Printing Plate Set 5, Wedding Printing Plate Set 1, red ink.

7 comments:

  1. Those look really good. If I received one I would probably think it was bought from a store. O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this, my dear, seals the deal. Let's get together a giveaway. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean, crisp style. Simple and so Beautiful!!!

    I'd love to come over and play with you. (When I have the use of *both* hands.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, they look really beautiful and congrats on the letter press. I agree with Alyssa - they definitely look like store bought cards. My favourite is the first one (so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! I posted about that letterpress awhile ago and have been dreaming of the things I could do with it! I won't have any helpful hints for you, but I'll have to come over sometime and check it out sometime. Yep, I'm inviting myself over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the cute birthday card. I wondered if it was a product of your new card making toys :) Have fun experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel!! These are gorgeous!! I am so impressed with their simple elegance.

    ReplyDelete